The new administration of the first lady Governor of the province of Surigao del Norte is anchored on the battle cry, "Ang Bag-ong Surigao," a living testament of good governance and true dedicated service deemed to achieve Surigao's unity, peace and progress.
"USA KA PROBINSYA NGA MALAMBUON GIPUY-AN SA KATAWHAN NGA MAHIGUGMAON SA DIOS, MALIPAYON NGA NAGPAHIMULOS SA GASA SA KINAIYAHAN NGA ILANG GI-AMOMA OG GIAMPINGAN ALANG SA ILANG KALIWATAN."
Effective and efficient delivery of services in the areas of:
H – Health
- Affordable Health and Wellness Program
- Hospital Management Program
- Mobile Clinic and Medical Outreach Program
- Health Education Program
- Healthworkers Incentive and Capability Building Building Program
E – Education & Environment
- Free or Affordable Education (Scholarship) Programs for Indigents
- Alignment of LGU vision with education vision
- "Zero Drop Out" Campaign in basic education
- Teachers Rewards/Incentive and Capability Building Program
- School Empowerment
- Curriculum Development /Integration
- Job creation for graduates program
- College Education for Daytime Workers Program
- Enforcement of existing Environment Laws
- Monitoring/Evaluation of the implementation of environment laws and ordinances
- Creation of award-giving bodies to recognize functional and viable environmental projects.
- Active involvement of Indigenous People and Peoples Organizations for environmental protection.
A – Agriculture & Aquaculture
- Review/Revitalize Local Agri/Aquaculture Programs
- Improve Agri/Aquaculture Education
- Push Agri-Aqua budget/funding requirements
- Conduct Benchmarking Study on new trends in Agri-Aqua and set up pilot sites
| || |
L – Livelihood
- Promote Tourism ("Tourism Means Jobs")
- Provide Livelihood Education/Training
- Support/Encourage Entrepreneurship and Cooperativism
- Identify and promote other investment priority areas
S – Spiritual Renewal, Senior Citizen and People with Special Needs, Welfare
Security and Social Welfare
- Craft a Provincial Moral Education Program.
- Organize a Provincial Council to focus on Values Formation Program.
- Organize a quarterly ecumenical dialogue in the community.
- Set award-giving bodies on sectors sustaining strong character formation program.
- Implement fully the new expanded Senior Citizens Act
- Provide specific programs for persons with special needs
- Create a Senior Citizens and Persons with Special Needs Office at the Provincial Capitol
- Restore / Reactivate the SURIMAA program of the Lalo Matugas Administration
Craft a PEACE Agenda and integrate in basic and tertiary education